Pages

Thursday 31 July 2014

Commonwealth Games


My prior knowledge of the Commonwealth Games

The Commonwealth Games  happen every four years. A lot of other countries compete in the Commonwealth Games. In the Commonwealth Games there are lots of different sports being played. When people win they get a medal. Gold is for first , Silver is for second and Bronze is for third.


My New Knowledge of the Commonwealth Games

The opening ceremony is on the 24 July at Celtic Park. The closing ceremony is on the 4 August at Hampden Park . The Commonwealth Games are held in Glasgow in Scotland , United Kingdom. There are 71 nations that are going to be there  from Anguilla to Zambia. Seventeen different sports will take part with 261 events in total.

The very  first Commonwealth Games happened in 1930. New Zealand won 565 medals in the last Commonwealth Games. New Zealand has failed in eight sports to win a gold medal. Those sports are called badminton, hockey, triathlon, basketball, water polo, diving, synchronised swimming and cricket. Only six countries  have been to all of the Commonwealth Games. Those countries are Canada, Australia, England, New Zealand, Scotland and Wales.  
Evaluation

My prior knowledge was minimally less than my present knowledge but I know I can do better next time. I have gained knowledge and I will write about it in the next Commonwealth Games. I have learnt more now so I   can  try and  keep it stored in my head for next time we learn about this subject. I think I could have done more for my research. I enjoyed learning  and researching about this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment